IoT Forum Board Members
About IoT Forum
IoT Forum is a member based organization which aims to:
- Promote international dialogue and cooperation on the Internet of Things;
- Organize events and conferences, such as the IoT Week;
- Develop activities and synergies with and among its members.
IoT Forum was established by a community of research organizations and industries specialized in the Internet of Things. The founding members were developing joint activities since several years, including the organizing of the IoT Week and European research projects such as the IoT-i.eu which supported the creation of the IoT Forum as an autonomous legal organisation at the IoT Week 2013 by an international group of founding organisations.
IoT Forum is a non – profit member – based organisation, open to all actors from all parts of the world. It is hosted in Geneva, Switzerland by one of its founding members, Mandat International.
The Articles of Association are available here.
The latest IoT Forum presentation (October 2014) can be downloaded here.
List of Sponsor Members
Alexandra Instituttet | Knowledge Transfer Network | Institute for Information Industry | University of Surrey | Insight
Alexandra Instituttet | University of Melbourne | Copenhagen Business School | DunavNET | Easy Global Market | Knowledge Transfer Network | Grundfos | Hildebrand Technology | ICT Technology Network Institute | iHomeLab Hochschule Luzern | Institute for Information Industry | Mandat International | Nabto | University of Surrey
List of Ordinary Members
DunavNET | University of Melbourne | ICT Technology Network Institute | Mandat International | NEC Europe| Fraunhofer IML | Luleå University of Technology | iHomeLab Hochschule Luzern | VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland | Fenie Energia | IK4-Tekniker | Telekom Srbija | Eurescom | Odin Solutions SL | Forum Brasileiro de IoT | Aarhus Universitat | Martel Consulting
IoT Forum maintains and informs a community of over a thousand partners who have attended the previous IoT Week events.
The Vision of the IoT Forum
“The Internet of Things without borders” is the vision of the IoT Forum. The Forum intends to support the development of an Internet of Things which will:
- Contribute to a better world, with applied technologies addressing societal, economic and environmental needs;
- Contribute to the development of a truly worldwide Internet of Things ecosystem and mass market;
- Take into account societal concerns and respect privacy and personal data protection of citizens;
- Forge, support and rely on a global community of actors from all parts of the World.
IoT Forum intends to become a major global Forum on the Internet of Things with a worldwide audience and participation, gathering leading experts.
The Aims of the IoT Forum
Internet of Things International Forum aims at the development of a worldwide interoperable Internet of Things, addressing business and societal challenges to create the conditions for a truly worldwide Internet of Things ecosystem and market. It does this through promoting international dialogue and cooperation on the Internet of Things for research, development, applications and exploitation. Its purpose is among others to:
- Bring the Internet of Things community together and provide a place for it to meet and collaborate;
- Organise meetings, other events and activities on the Internet of Things in cooperation with other regional and international related platforms;
- Identify and help break down barriers to a common Internet of Things, for the potential benefit of the whole IoT domain;
- Promote success stories and confidence in the Internet of Things, and inform about its benefits;
- Support the transfer from research to market;
- Support multi stakeholder dialogue with those concerned with the use and deployment of the Internet of Things;
- Promote cross domain, generic and interoperable solutions.